Oct 11, 2017

Dining Scene -- Update 1

After much effort, two important models have been fully sculpted and unwrapped. I believe I am on track to have all objects finished by the end of this week. 


This table went through several revisions. I had two different references that I wanted to follow initially. After the blocking phase, I attempted to build both separately. The model you see here ended up being more visually interesting while being simpler to construct, having less polygons and no circles.




There are only three unique pieces, the leg, support beams, and counter. The leg is duplicated three times across the structure, and the support is duplicated twice. I intend to have dining sets and chairs placed in each of the slots between legs, and I can easily modify the amount of slots by adding or removing legs and supports.


This chair had more complexity and visual flair planned. There were arms with a bulbous design, and the cushion had a bow to tie it to the chair, both of which were based on my reference. They were decided against to save the effort and polygons.


For the texture, I plan to have a wicker style, though I foresee complications with seams. If I cannot solve it in a reasonable time frame, I will go for a soft fabric. The cushion will in both cases have a distinct cloth look to be clearly separate from the chair itself.

Here I will provide the reference materials that inspired my objects.













These references are generally what I hope to emulate with my completed scene, with the silverware, location, and knick knacks on the table.