Oct 2, 2017

Grocery Shelf


This project features several different objects, most with unique textures, and more or less specifically designed per object. There are 8 different objects. 4 objects are boxes filled with various goods. The other 4 are containers are glass or metal containers filled with various liquids. These objects are placed on a shelf. The shelf has two levels, a base, two diagonal sides, and a back.


Some objects were designed to have a theme. One theme was soup in objects that are increasingly unsuitable to hold soup. I took care to make these objects distinctly different in their structure, even if I reused elements of the texture.


To flesh out the shelf space, I duplicated the objects and placed them in what I thought was a natural-looking manner. The project called for certain minimums of object types, but the act of creating them felt cheap, so I attempted to touch in some creative element. Unfortunately that cut into other, more important design elements.