Nov 29, 2017

Game Scene - Update 3

At this time, our group is done with modeling and texturing, and we have moved onto the next phase. In this phase, we will be putting our complete models together into one all-encompassing Unity game scene. As a result, we have to export our models and materials into the appropriate file types. I have put quite a lot of effort into making my part of the scene, and as a result I am quite happy with what I have, even if it is crude-looking.




I have done the appropriate method of turning my separate pieces of my scene into one coherent model. My textures also have bump mapping, and are, as far as I am concerned, complete. I have given my group members a link to a Dropbox .ZIP file containing all my relevant files, such as my scene, materials, and the like.


I had much difficulty getting the right look for my textures. I am not an artist, and the complicated nature and limited polygon count prevented me from really getting something that looks nice. I hope that whatever I made is something that my group members like, or at least find acceptable.


All that is left for our group is to prepare the Unity scene, as well as the environmental details, like terrain and lighting. I trust that we can figure out the nuances of the Unity engine, as well work out any quirks with our exported models.