Nov 13, 2017

Game Scene - Update

As of now, I am complete with the structure of my building. From the last post, I had missed a different update that detailed such information, so I am including it now. All objects are UV'd, and I will begin making textures for them. The parameters of the project state that the building must be below 5000 triangles, and, not including the ground object, I am below that limit.


The full list of my objects includes:
- the giant horse head
- rings, straps, teeth, nostrils, and straw
- central support system for the tent and horse head
- roof with several posts holding it up
- surrounding posts to support the walls
- several layers of curtains and arches, with ropes attaching them to the posts
- horseshoes, banners, and hangers of some kind


To emulate the simple style of the game Breath of the Wild, I am most likely going to go for more flat textures with a bare minimum amount of detail, like parts I couldn't model for the sake of my tri count or baked shadows.


I will try to be bright and colorful, as the original objects are. Seen in these references, there are a few things that I missed in my modeling, like the flags that hang down from the horse's cheeks. If possible, I want to make them, since they create a nice visual flair for the otherwise empty space between the mouth and the ceiling.


I expect my model to be completed in the coming week, so I can combine it with my group members' models for the rest of the project.